Jack and Jill Campbell
Is pleased to Honor Jack and Jill Campbell and Mayor Lori Holt Pfeiler – Rotarians that have given graciously to the Community and Rotary for many years
Jack and Jill Campbell
Jack joined the Rotary Club of Escondido in December of 1998 and Jill followed suit, joining the club in November of 1999. September of 1998 was the 50th anniversary of Jack’s polio infection. Shortly before joining the Club, he challenged the members to match his $12,500 grant toward polio vaccinations. The club accepted the challenge, and then raised the challenge to $20,000 each. Altogether, the club raised $43,000. Seeing this success, the Rotary District decided to have a District-wide fund raising campaign, ultimately resulting in over $140,000 in contributions. This was sufficient to fund a National Immunization Day for the entire African country of Eritrea. Escondido Rotarian Dr. Nick Tsoulos, along with four other District members, including the District Governor, travelled to Eritrea for a week to help assist with and promote the National Immunization Day.
The Campbell’s commitment to the Object of Rotary continued throughout the years in a variety of ways:
• Jack was Co-Chair the District Foundation Seminar in 2000 through 2002, a District Advisor in 2001/2002 and District Chair for Disabilities 2005/2006.
• Jack served as the Club’s International Services Director in 2001/2002 and Community Services Director in 2002 through 2004.
• The club’s Felicita Pageant in 2002 and 2003 was co-chaired by Jack.
• The Club’s Website and Centerview newsletter were Jack’s responsibility for many years.
• Jill takes and edits pictures for many of the Club’s activities.
The Campbell’s also have a strong commitment to community support:
• The Campbell’s are Founding Members of the Escondido Charitable Foundation, with Jack being the Grants committee chair for the first two years and currently is President-Elect.
• The Campbell’s have a fund at the San Diego Foundation which is used to support Interfaith Community Services (ICS), Neighborhood Healthcare, Patio Playhouse, THEATRX, and many other Escondido organizations.
• The Escondido Planning Commission has had Jack as a member since February 2001.
• The Campbell’s are members of the Downtown Business Association, with Jack being President in 2006.
• Jill contributes her photographic skills to the Chamber of Commerce, ICS, and Neighborhood Healthcare and many other non-profits.
Through all these activities, Jill helps Jack like a “Jill of all trades.”
Please join with the Rotary Club of Escondido in celebrating this wonderful couple and their family on February 28, 2010.