• An organization of business and professional leaders united worldwide, who provide humanitarian service, encourage high ethical standards in all vocations, and help build goodwill and peace in the world.
• The world’s first service club founded in Chicago, Illinois, USA on 23 February 1905.
• Some 1.2 million service-minded men and women belonging to more than 32,000 Rotary clubs in 200 nations in the world.
• Weekly meetings for fellowship and interesting and informative programs dealing with topics of local and global importance. Membership reflects a wide cross-section of community representation.
• Planning and performing a remarkable variety of humanitarian, educational, and cultural exchange programs that touch people’s lives in their local communities and our world community.
• The Rotary Foundation providing US$90 million annually for international scholarships, cultural exchanges, and humanitarian projects large and small that improve the quality of life for millions of people. Rotary is widely regarded as the world’s largest private provider of international educational scholarships.
• PolioPlus -- working with national and international health organizations with the goal of polio eradication throughout the world. More than one billion children in developing nations have been immunized against polio through PolioPlus grants. Only 4 areas remain endemic: Afghanistan, India, Pakistan & Nigeria.
ROTARY IS SERVICE ABOVE SELF