Coeur de Cuisine 2011 is pleased to honor The Aeling Family.
The Aeling Family - Rotarians and their families that have humbly and generously made enduring contributions to the community of Escondido and Rotary since 1971.
Our honorees, the late Ed Aeling, survived by Kitty Aeling, their children and spouses Chuck and Gail Aeling, Rich and Donna Aeling, Mary Ellen and Tom Hageman, Jim and Miki Aeling, and Mike and Ellen from Minnesota.
The selfless legacy of support from the Aeling family began when Ed joined the Rotary Club in 1971 (Chuck joined Rotary in 1981). Since then, a legacy of community support continues through the families personal connection with dozens of community organizations today under the leadership and involvement of Kitty Aeling. Whether it’s making a life saving water line in Guayaquil, Ecuador possible through Rotary International club service to the hands-on, personal support they provide to non-profit, charitable organizations. The Aeling family has improved the human condition and enhanced the quality of life for countless kids and families.
The Aeling’s commitment to the Object of Rotary continues in a variety of ways:
- Ed Aeling made a large contribution toward a water line in Guayaquil, Ecuador and numerous generous contributions for wheel chairs for the Holy Land through Rotary International. Ed contained multiple Paul Harris Fellowships.
- Chuck has stewarded Rotary support of Boy Scout Troop 649, Cub Scout Pack 62 and the Boy Scout programs for over 20 years. Chuck has two Paul Harris Fellowships.
- Rich Aeling is a member of the Escondido Sunrise Rotary Club and has two Paul Harris Fellowships.
A Legacy of Humble Philanthropy and strong commitment to community involvement:
- Ed Aeling was a Chamber Ambassador for over 30 years and a devout member of the Knights of Columbus for St. Mary’s Church in Escondido and St. Francis Church in Vista.
- Kitty volunteers and supports the Escondido Chamber of Commerce (she was awarded the Jim Felix Volunteer of the Year award in 2008), the Palomar Family YMCA, the Boys n’ Girls Club, the Children’s Museum, St. Clare’s Home, as well as granted funding support for Interfaith Community Services, Escondido Charitable Foundation, Escondido Youth Encounter, Escondido Education Foundation, St. Mary’s and St. Timothy’s Catholic Church.
- Chuck Aeling was a Cub Master for 5 years, board member of the Escondido Education Foundation, as Vice President, served with Gail on the Board of the Escondido High School Athletic Boosters. Gail has volunteered extensively at NorthBroadwaySchool, Rincon Middle School PTA’s, the Boys n’ Girls Club Christmas Tree Lane, the Boy Scouts for the Distinguished Citizen Award Dinner and the Children’s Museum where she was awarded the 2009 volunteer of the Year award by the North County Philanthropy Council.
- Rich and Donna Aeling are contributors to the Escondido Charitable Foundation and have volunteered for the Boys n’ Girls Club’s Christmas Tree Lane and for numerous Chamber sponsored events. Donna serves on the board of the Palomar Family YMCA (received the 2010 YMCA volunteer of the year award through the North County Philanthropy Council), on the board of the Escondido Charitable Foundation, staffs the “Smiles for a Lifetime” foundation, was a member of the Escondido Kiwanis Club and chaired fundraising events for Grace Lutheran and San Pasqual High School.
- Mary Ellen Hageman serves on the Board of the Palomar Family YMCA, chaired the Escondido High School Athletic Booster Fundraiser for four years and has provided significant leadership to the American Youth Soccer Organization in San Marcos.
- Jim provided leadership to the San Pasqual High School Athletic Boosters and, along with Miki, are very involved in St. Mary’s CatholicSchool.
- Mike has been a Scout Master for 21 years (received the Boy Scouts of America Silver Beaver Award) while Ellen has volunteered for 14 year as Girls Scout leader and received the 3M Companies Chairman’s Leadership Award as Boy Scout Leader, both Mike and Ellen, are heavily involved with St. Pascal’s Catholic Church in St. Paul, Minnesota.
We will be honoring the Aeling family who continue a tradition of humble philanthropy and find ways to fill community needs through their time, energy and treasure.
The Aeling Family - Escondido’s Guardian Angels!